Grace Rollins, MS, LAc
Here was a practical, safe and inexpensive medicine that dealt with the whole person. Clearly it had endured through the ages because it worked. Soon I knew I wanted to study it on the deepest possible level.
Background and skills
After a private apprenticeship in shiatsu, in 2005 I enrolled at Tristate College of Acupuncture in New York City. During the intensive three-year clinical Masters of Science program, I studied classical Chinese acupuncture, modern myofascial trigger-point release, and my current specialty, Japanese acupuncture. I also studied useful adjunct therapies such as Tui na, Qi Gong, Cupping, Gua Sha, and nutrition.
I'm grateful to have had a number of wonderful teachers, and was especially fortunate to apprentice for over ten years under world-recognized acupuncture master Kiiko Matsumoto. As a close student, I've been given the opportunity to teach her style in the US and abroad. I find Master Kiiko's energy, spirit, and profound clinical genius to be a true inspiration, and I aspire to transmit this to my own patients.
I'm constantly honing my skills as I strive to offer the best possible care. I typically attend several continuing education seminars a year in addition to ongoing clinical apprenticeship, annual study in Japan, and personal study. To me, being an acupuncturist means lifelong learning-- it is truly a journey!
• Neurological disease, injury and rehabilitation: migraine, post-concussive disorder, neuropathy, neurodegenerative disease, post-stroke
• Sports medicine and musculoskeletal injury
• Adolescent care: hormonal balance, anxiety and mental health
• Bachelors Degree, Yale University, Magna Cum Laude, 2001
• Masters of Science in Acupuncture with Honors, Tristate College of Acupuncture, New York, NY, 2008
• Board certified, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
• Ten years of direct apprenticeship with master acupuncturist Kiiko Matsumoto; teacher of Kiiko Matsumoto Style under Yuyao Society; annual study with acupuncture masters in Japan
• Ongoing training in Xing Nao Kai Qiao - Nanopuncture stroke and neurological rehabilitation under Dr. Clayton Shiu
• Neuroacupuncture Level 1 Certified, 2017
• Third-degree black belt in Aikido; over 20 years of yoga practice
• Certificate, Nutritional Therapy Association, 2012
• Completed course of study, Beijing, China Traditional Medicine Training Center, World Federation of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 2007
• Certified in Clean Needle Technique, CCAOM
• Licensed acupuncturist in Pennsylvania