Misook Lee, LAc
My eyes began to open to the power of natural healing practices. In Korea, people can learn acupuncture and moxibustion for personal care. Out of curiosity, I learned about Koryo Hand acupuncture-- a popular Korean style-- and used it for family care. This was when I discovered how amazing acupuncture could be at immediately solving common health problems. I became even more interested in traditional Chinese and Korean philosophy which I had previously regarded as unscientific and outdated, reading up on Daoism, Confucianism, Yin-Yang and Five Element theories. I was especially attracted to the Korean philosopher and Eastern medicine doctor Kim Yong Ok.
In 2014, I enrolled in a one-year course at the prestigious Ttmsarang Moxibustion and Acupuncture Academy, founded by famous practitioner Kim Nam Soo. I was captivated. Studying moxibustion and acupuncture was like finding a treasure that had been hidden. I started experiencing even more miraculous cases of using this ancient medicine for family care.
Around this time, I started to consider a new life as an acupuncturist in the USA. I hesitated about making such a life-changing decision, facing so many reasons not to: advanced age, the language barrier, family situations, insecurity and so on. However, my husband and my two sons knew what I wanted to do and they are all my big supporters. So, I started my new journey.
In addition I have returned to Korea for study at the Donguibogam Academy, and here in the US trained in the Saam Korean Four Needle technique, Kiiko Matsumoto Style, and approaches to mental health. To acquire high-demand skills in facial acupuncture, I've received certification under Song Jeong Hwa, founder of the Facial Acupuncture for Charm and Elegence (FACE) system of Korean-style facial rejuvenation acupuncture.
I am currently enrolled in the Chinese Herbal Medicine program at the Won Institute to deepen my understanding of Chinese Medicine. I continue to study voraciously and shadow the other practitioners at Bridge Acupuncture. I also continue to practice my Kouksundo daily, cook healthy food, and use acupuncture and moxibustion to stay healthy and happy.
• Women's health, perimenopause, menopause, hormonal balance
• Pain management, musculoskeletal pain, chronic and acute pain
• Mental and emotional health
• F.A.C.E. system of Korean Facial Rejuvenation acupuncture
• Masters of Acupuncture with distinction, Won Institute of Graduate Studies, 2020
• 1-year program, Ttmsarang Moxibustion and Acupuncture Academy, Korea, 2014
• Study abroad program, Donguibogam Academy, Korea, 2019
• Certified in F.A.C.E. Korean Facial Rejuvenation acupuncture, Song Jeong Hwa, 2019-2020
• Clinical intern at Bridge Acupuncture, 2020-21
• NCCAOM Board Certified, 2020
• Licensed in Pennsylvania
• Certified in CPR, Clean Needle Technique and First Aid